Happy Saturday, friends! I have a lot of new followers on my blog, as well as my social media accounts, and since it’s the beginning of a New Year, I figured it was time to reintroduce myself! 🙂
My name is Savanna Roberts, and I’m 18 years old. I’ve been writing ever since I could hold a pencil, and after completing a 136 page manuscript at age 10, I decided that I wanted to be a full-time author. I was homeschooled for most of my life until I attended a community college for dual enrollment credits my last two years of high school. I was on course to graduate with my high school diploma and my Associate’s in Arts, but after a mix up with the community college office, I wasn’t able to get my degree. Instead of attending college somewhere else or even completing my Associate’s, I got married to the love of my life on June 1st and moved to Utah in a tiny house on wheels.
Since then, I’ve published my debut novel under my married name, became a kitty mama to our two precious fur babies (Chip and Queso), became a mama to a heaven-side baby, and recently, my husband and I have moved into an apartment and sold our tiny home.
In short, my life has been a roller coaster of an adventure. 🙂
Some Fun Facts about me:
- I am a Christian, although I don’t write Christian Fiction.
- I published a middle grade fantasy trilogy between ages 11-13. Normally I don’t like to bring those up just because the series is a poor representation of my writing style now that I’m older, but since my younger sisters and the daughter of a family friend read them and loved them, I’ve decided to republish them under my married name and with a new cover (coming soon!).
- Laundry is my favorite chore. I’m not really sure why – most people hate doing the laundry. But I think it’s fun, and then to bury into the warm clothes after pulling them out from the dryer…
- I’m a coffee fanatic, and mostly a coffee snob. My coffee has to be just so or it is wrong. Do not make my coffee wrong.
- My sister-in-law has recently gotten me addicted to Earl Gray Tea with Honey and it is a Problem(TM).
- I enjoy writing YA and that is the overarching genre I plan on staying in, at least for a good long while in my writing career. Normally my YA novels are for the upper spectrum of YA readers (15+). I’m considering delving back into middle grade too, though. 🙂
- I met my husband at a writing workshop we went to as a part of our school curriculum (check out the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum by Daniel Schwabauer. Highly recommend!).
- My husband and I were in a long distance relationship the entire time prior to our marriage. He is originally from TX and I am originally from NC, and we lived a little over 1,000 miles away from each other.
- I will always be found in socks, unless I’m showering, in the pool/ocean, or wearing flip flops. Socks and I rarely part. I love socks. And I love collecting weird and funky socks too. Some of my crazy ones include a pair of fuzzy lambs wearing scarves, Cheerio’s, cats, macarons, and dogs that have paws on the bottom of my feet. They’re fantastic. <3
- Outside of writing, I work as a marketing consultant/agent for my family’s health and wellness gym in NC, and I babysit two sweet kiddos in Park City.
- This past year, in November, I wrote a 65,000 word manuscript in one month. It needs a CRAP ton of editing, but it’s the first time I’ve had the freedom, time, and motivation to write a story that quickly since I was 14 or 15 years old.
- Also in November of 2018, I released my YA debut novel, Smoke and Mirrors, which you can find here. 🙂
- I love to create Pinterest boards and music playlists for every story that I write. It adds a level of aesthetic and emotion, and, in my opinion, helps me to write better (when I’m not procrastinating on creating those two things of course!).
Tell me a fun fact about you! I’d love to get to know you better. <3