Happy New Year, everyone!
Wow, it’s been a long time. Thank you for your sticking around even though I fell off the face of the earth, ha!
2021 was a roller coaster of a year, and I’m just now finding a groove where blogging fits in. Man, I’ve missed this. 🙂
How are you guys? How was your year, your holidays? Were you able to meet the goals or resolutions you set for yourself? Do you have new goals/resolutions for this year, or perhaps a word or phrase or Bible verse for this year that you’d like to share with me? Feel free to drop a comment and share!
There’s so much about this past year that I could go into, but I’m going to stick to the main highlights to give you a mini life update instead of an outrageous, book-length one, ha!
- Our darling CJ girl grew up before our eyes. Everyone says you blink and the time is gone, and honestly, I didn’t quite believe them. *hides* There were so many days and nights of pure sleep-deprivation and frustrations, and I wondered at times if we’d make it. But not only did we, but the time did go by fast. She’s walking now, can you believe it? Her first birthday is this month, and yet it feels like we were just bringing her home from the hospital yesterday. She is one of the main reasons blogging stopped last year — I was trying to find a good balance between getting work done and watching her grow. Sometimes I think I failed more than I succeeded, but she knows she’s loved, and I know I can’t beat myself up too much because that’s one of the most important things.
- Hubby and I started a publishing company, SR Press! We help fantasy and sci-fi writers get their book edited, a professional cover created, and book published and marketed, all with zero upfront fees! We weren’t expecting the business to take off as quickly as it did, and we’ve signed two main authors, four anthology authors, and have even more exciting news about upcoming signings and books this year and for 2023! In the midst of expanding our business, our author services side grew too, and we’ve continued to take on many editing and formatting clients — so many, in fact, that there was too much work for me, and we’ve put together a team of editors to help! I can’t wait to introduce them to you. 🙂 If you’re interested in any of our services and/or want to meet our new editing team, be sure to check out SR Press!
- I published the third and final book in my Tales of Nottingham trilogy, Archeress! I was worried it wouldn’t get done with how hectic the year turned out to be, but if you happened to miss it, it released in November! 🙂 You can check it out HERE!
- Not only did I complete my Tales of Nottingham trilogy, but I also revamped an old short story for the SR Press mythology anthology, Whispers From Before! You can check it out HERE.
- Despite my fear that I wouldn’t read for ages and ages, I completed twenty-one books! My next blog post will actually be my 2021 Reading Wrap-Up, and I can’t wait to share it with you. 🙂
- Finally, I’ve been hard at work prepping for 2022! Hubby and I sat down and worked on goals for SR Press, and I wrote out a few goals for my books/side of the business. I’ve been writing on two secret projects that I’m not ready to talk about just yet, though I should be able to share about one of them soon. 🙂 One of them I used for modified National Novel Writing Month in November (NaNoWriMo), and I wrote four whole chapters, which hasn’t been done since before I had CJ!
Exciting things are coming, friends. 🙂 I can’t wait to share about all of them with you!