Before I launch into my every-other-week book reviews, I thought it would be neat to do a get-to-know-you post.
First, my name is Savanna Roberts. I’m a YA author delving into the Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Contemporary genres. I’ve been writing seriously for eight years, ever since I finished my first novel at age ten. I published my first middle-grade fantasy trilogy on Amazon between ages eleven and thirteen. After a long break from publishing anything due to life craziness and finishing school, I’m pleased to announce that my novel Smoke and Mirrors will be releasing on Amazon this upcoming November! My novel has been a work in progress for over three years, so I’m very excited to finally be able to share it with you.
Second, my husband and I just got married in June and moved to Park City, Utah with our cat, Queso. We live in a tiny house on wheels that we affectionately call “Big Blue.”
More serious information aside, here are some fun facts about me:
- I was born and raised in North Carolina (with a brief excursion to Virginia). You have no idea how hard it has been to not type “y’all”.
- My favorite author is S.E. Hinton, author of the renowned The Outsiders, as well as many other beautifully written books. She is my writing role model.
- I am seriously addicted to coffee. It’s bad, guys. However, it does have its perks – my mom used to be a barista at a coffee shop, so she’s taught me a lot. (And if I don’t want to make it at home, Starbucks is the ultimate winner. There is also Atticus Coffee, Books & Teahouse here in Park City that is phenomenal.)
- Socks are an obsession of mine. Fuzzy? Knee-high? Rainbow unicorns? Yes, please.
- I was homeschooled pretty much all of my life, but my junior and senior years of high school were spent at a community college earning credits for an AA.
- My favorite food is mac and cheese.
- My favorite soda is Dr Pepper (though Pepsi is a close second).
- If any of you are interested in the Myers-Briggs Personality Test, my MBTI type is INFJ. For those of you that aren’t as familiar with this test or result, it just means that, among other things, I am an introvert. I love people, but I often get worn out at huge social events and need time to myself afterwards.
- I adore personality psychology, especially involving Myers-Briggs or introversion versus extroversion. I study it as often as I can and if there are good books available on the subject.
- My favorite ice cream flavors are coffee and chocolate.
- While my favorite band or musician varies each month with who I discover, my favorite right now is Sleeping At Last.
- My husband and I also own eight fish, all of which have been named after Marvel or DC characters: Wanda (Scarlet Witch), Tony (Iron Man), Bruce (The Hulk), Diana (Wonder Woman), Thor, Loki, Peter (Spider Man), and Barry (The Flash).
If any of you have questions, can relate, or want to know more about some of these fun facts, comment below! I’d love to meet
y’all you all!
Leave a Reply