Happy Saturday, friends!
If you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you already know this, but if you’re just joining me for the first time, I’ll repeat it once more — I’m a huge mood reader. HUGE. I’ve been known to start books, get halfway through, and not finish them because I lose interest and my mood decides I’m ready for a different kind of book. So why, oh why, am I creating a post saying I have a 2022 TBR (to-be-read) list???
Lest you fear for my sanity, let me clarify: that entire bookshelf in the picture above is why. On that bookshelf is a whopping 72 books I have yet to read. And after expressing this to my husband, we both realized that it would probably be good for me to…*sniffles*…not buy any more books for all of 2022, until I can finish reading more of the ones I already have. So not only am I on a book-buying ban (though of course I can ask for books for my birthday and Christmas, and we made an amendment that if any of my indie author friends have books coming out, I can support them!), but I also have a “2022 TBR”. There are plenty of books on there to suit my mood reading tendencies, and a lot of books on that shelf don’t make up any of the books I plan on rereading too.
Now, I don’t expect to get through 72 books in one year, especially with a toddler and lots of publishing work ahead of me, but I do hope to make a decent-sized dent! My reading goal for the year is *blank* after all!
I don’t plan on telling you about ALL 72 books I have yet to read on that bookshelf, but I’d love to share some of my most anticipated ones that I hope to get to! Without further ado…
- Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell (This was my most anticipated read of 2021 and I just didn’t find the time to get to it! *cries* I cannot wait to finish the Simon Snow series!)
- A Pho Love Story by Loan Le (This has been high up on my TBR since before the book even came out, so I can’t wait to get to it!)
- P.S. I Still Love You and Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han (Soooo ready to finish the To All the Boys series after loving the first book last summer/fall!)
- Vengeful by V.E. Schwab (I devoured the first book of the series and can’t wait to see what happens next!)
- The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty (This sounds like a NA/Adult version of Rebel of the Sands, one of my all-time favorite books, so I hope it lives up to the hype!)
- The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne (Been on my TBR for far too long!)
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (Gifted to me by a friend, and I’ve continued to hear such amazing things about it!)
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater (I still cannot believe I haven’t read this. I should be ashamed. *shakes head*)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (I actually started this in 2021 and I’m currently a third of the way through it! I love it, it’s just a long read, so it’s taking me awhile!)
- And literally anything on my indie shelf — The Herbwitch’s Apprentice by Ireen Chau, A Thieving Curse and the Prince of Shadow and Ash duology by Selina R. Gonzalez, Yesterday or Long Ago by Jenni Sauer, and so many more!
Are you a mood reader or do you have a set TBR? What books are you hoping to read this year? I’d love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply